Saturday, August 01, 2009

TAMANEND WALK

Last evening I decided to take Hannah and go for a walk in Tamanend after a very heavy rain. Tamanend is about two miles from our house, and it is a very beautiful, natural park. As I drove in, I spotted these deer foraging in the brush. I rolled down my window and shot these pictures from my car. **HINT: If you would like to see larger images of these photographs, click on each picture.

There was a fawn with them. I think this is a beautiful pose.

A short distance away there were other deer and this fawn. I liked this shot as the deer disappeared behind the tree.

As I proceeded into the park, I saw this groundhog. Hannah got very excited and was barking. She wanted OUT of the car! I would have loved to take a few more photos of Mr. Groundhog with different camera settings, but he took off.

As we were walking, I noticed this tangle of root hairs from a vine on a tree. It was heavy with moisture drops, and I got an incredible picture. I LOVE this! It kind of reminds me of Christmas lights.

As I was driving home, the sun was setting. I drove to an open space so I could experiment with sunset shots. I shut down the exposure to get some dramatic color.

2 comments:

Sharon Lippincott said...

What breathtaking photos! They are the next best thing to being there.

Honeygo Beasley said...

GREAT photos! Yes, the rain drops on the branches look like Christmas lights!

Glad you got such fabulous shots, especially of the wildlife.