Wednesday, January 12, 2011

BIRDS AT MY FEEDERS

I am so envious of photographers who manage to capture birds with their mega zoom lenses and in such crisp detail and focus. Several days ago, after a light snow, I spent quite a bit of time in front of my dining room window with my new Canon 70-200mm f2.8L IS USM lens. Some of the photographers in the SmugMug Daily Community say God made this lens. Indeed, it is a wonderful lens which has helped me capture better quality bird images. There is still lots of room for improvement, especially since these photos were shot through glass, but I wanted to share a few with those of you who follow my blog. ** Side note: I shot about 350 photographs and only saved 65.

 White-throated sparrow
 Carolina wren
 Blue Jay
 Black-capped Chickadee
 House Finch
 Song Sparrow (I think)
 The bird seed robber
 House Finch

2 comments:

Honeygo Beasley said...

LOL, I love the bird seed robber! And I love too that they say "God" made that lens! You really captured a nice assortment of birdies. They are the harbingers of spring, to me. I love bird watching. And you had a good vantage point. Great shots, Deb!

Hillary- A Photographer Friend said...

Wonderful series of shots Debbie. You are certainly making good use of your new lens. Your sharpness and clarity were great, but I so admire the variety of birds and that you know what kind they are!