Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Hannah Goes Shopping


Today Hannah and I decided to go shopping for a 6 ft. leather lead, recommended by our trainer for leash work. Our first stop was at PetCo where we found beautiful leather leads to the tune of $33.95. Too expensive for a still exuberant puppy who sometimes likes to grab the leash in her teeth and attempt to initiate a game of tug-o-war which is fruitless when I am on the other end.

Because Hannah loves toys and chewing, we looked at the chew toys. Since she is still rather short and can only see the bottom two rows of goods, she needed my help to find a toy that was tough and squeaked too. Squeaks are the number 1 criteria. So Hannah listened to the squeaks and chose the Tuffie ring. It looks just like the picture below, except hers is bright green. I gave it to her, and she carried it to the cashier where she willingly gave it up for scanning and to have the tag removed. Then she carried it proudly out to the car, minding her leash manners very well -- gave some bystanders a good chuckle.



Then we decided to check out the new PetSmart store in Newtown. Hannah loves these stores that welcome her and her kind. As soon as we walked in a young girl who worked in the grooming department came out to talk to us and fuss over Hannah. We checked out the bathing and grooming prices since Hannah is getting too big for our laundry tub.

We browsed the aisles and found a very nice leather leash. Hannah said she wanted brown instead of black. After we checked out the rescue kitties and bought a toy for Pumpkin and Kristie, Hannah and I went to Tyler Park for a walk and a short swim (only Hannah) in the chilly waters of the Neshaminy Creek.

1 comment:

Honeygo Beasley said...

Chloe went shopping, too. I actually snuck her into Macy's (in her Sherpa bag) last week (Wed. I think it was). Two ladies behind me noticed while I was making my first transaction. They were ohing and ahing ... I was like, "Shut up!" in my head. I didn't want the cashier to notice. Then, when I pulled my wallet out to pay, one of the ladies said, "Is that a Bichon?" At which point, I immediately said, "Why yes, it is!" and pointed to the photo in my wallet of Chloe. Close call! We proceeded to the shoe department, the handbag department, and jewelry! I made three transaction and came home with the rest of my holiday outfit. And Macy's made a nice chunk of change off me!

I am so BAAAAAAAAAD!