Saturday, December 22, 2007

LAVENDER


This afternoon my mom and I traveled to Mechanicsville, near Peddler's Village, to visit Carousel Farm which grows and sells organic lavender products. When we arrived a gentleman directed us to parking right by the shop which was a beautifully restored out-building. I asked if I could bring Hannah inside, and we were graciously granted permission. As we walked into the shop, the gentle smell of lavender embraced us. The shop had hardwood floors and a wooden spiral staricase and a sitting area with comfortable furniture. We were greeted and hosted as if we were friends.


Among the products on sale were candles, soaps, lotion, essential oil, sachet, bunches of dried lavender flowers, lavender spritzer, and notecards displaying photographs taken by the owner. After selecting and paying for our purchases, Hannah and I walked around the farm to see the horses, goats, and llamas.

I also purchased loose lavender pods to create my own sachets to give as gifts. The trip was an adventure -- beautiful property, wonderful and hospitable people, and an abundance of lavender. I asked if I could come back in the summer to do some photography, and I was told I could come anytime -- to just call......
I recommend a visit to Carousel Farm to find that perfect gift. The farm's URL is:

(all photographs taken from Google images)


2 comments:

Honeygo Beasley said...

Just yesterday, I was thinking, "It's so beautiful out - what a great day to go to Peddler's Village or Indian Walk!" So glad to hear you and your Mom and Hannah went out and enjoyed the day. What a lovely lavender post! Happy Christmas Eve...

Honeygo Beasley said...

What's new? Looking forward to another post on your blog!