Tuesday, February 16, 2010

SNOW IMAGES

I wanted to finish the Olympics stories before I posted some photographs from the February 10th snowstorm. The above photograph was shot in my back yard during the height of the storm. I love the effect provided by the flakes falling on my camera lens -- it gives it a dreamlike quality. Remember that you can view larger images by clicking directly on top of the photo.

This is Craig who came and opened my driveway with his snowblower. He was working in the height of the storm so there would be less snow when he returned the next day.

I love icicles and was experimenting with focus, lighting, and depth of field.

You can see that the lighting in this icicle shot was more dramatic. This one was underneath the branches of an evergreen, but I was able to position myself so the icicle caught a bit of afternoon sun.

I have another shot of these icicles but the photograph was shot in RAW and saved to a TIFF file. Several people have commented that they thought these icicles looked like glass.



Played with contrast in this image and thought it came out well.

1 comment:

Honeygo Beasley said...

Gorgeous shots - even the action shot with the snowblower. More photos to enter in the contests coming up for 2010. You have such a great eye, Deb. You're really found your forte with photography. I enjoy your images so much.