Saturday, May 15, 2010

PEONY

If you've never been thrilled to the very edges of your soul by a flower in spring bloom, maybe your soul has never been in bloom. ~Terri Guillemets

My macro lens has been waiting for my Peach Sorbet Peony bushes to bloom. Finally, this week they opened in their tri-color glory. The pink in this extreme close-up reminds me of cotton-candy.

I love the streaks of red. This shot also picked up traces of the sticky peony juice. This variety does not harbor ants like so many others, so it is wonderful to cut and bring indoors without fear of bringing in ants.

I love this shot because it seems lit from within; the center almost looks like a flame.

The shade made this peony appear more purple than pink.

1 comment:

Honeygo Beasley said...

I am reading a book on Monet over again, after having already read it once, in preparation for my trip to his home and gardens in Sept., and I am thinking about the difference between seeing and really looking. Or looking and really seeing!

Seems to me you are doing both with your photographs. You are like Monet, with a camera. Carry on, Debbie! Keep clicking and sharing. I enjoy your photos immmensely...