Monday, November 08, 2010

MASTERS OF THE MOMENT


A friend gave me a pile of old magazines, and as I was browsing through them I came upon this article titled MASTERS OF THE MOMENT -- a collection of thoughts from well known people from different walks of life.  Today's reflection is from Kristine Tompkins who is the former CEO of Patagonia. She has, along with her husband, bought up 2.2 million acres in Argentina and Chile to create new national parks.

Quote from Kristine Tompkins: "The millions of species with whom we share the Earth have intrinsic value. We have to reach, if not perfect harmony between man and the natural world, at least a truce.  I have a border collie-like personality -- I'm happiest with a job to do. I glaze over if things are going smoothly, and excel when faced with very big problems.  You see something that needs to be changed? Jump out of your chair and put your shoulder to the sheel."

No comments: