Sunday, September 27, 2009

A CARD FOR YOU?

The last two years I have had notecards made from my photographs and have given them as gifts. Everyone has raved about them and told me I should sell them. Last month I got the idea to make the cards myself when I came across some card stock I had in my craft bin. I had a few 4 by 6 prints that I affixed to the card stock with double-faced tape. I then solved the dilemma of noting "Lark Photography" with my name and year by printing it on clear address labels which I attached to the back of the card. As a finishing touch I ordered clear cellophane sleeves to protect each card. I am very pleased with the end product. Now I need to determine pricing and decide whether I want to explore marketing the cards through a store or two.

I also have prints which are matted and available for sale as well. Again, I need to determine pricing.

I continue to shoot and shoot and shoot. I just came in from shooting cobwebs with rain drops on them, and not one photo is worth keeping. On the other hand, yesterday I took a beautiful walk at Playwicki Farm in Trevose and got this photograph which I like.

PS -- the last Sunday mystery photograph was the circular bottom of a wicker chair.

2 comments:

Honeygo Beasley said...

Congrats on getting your card business off the ground!

Jan Mader said...

What a beautiful photograph. I think it's a wonderful idea to sell your photos as cards. You already have a market right here on the blog!