Saturday, October 17, 2009

FUN WITH LANDSCAPES

The original photograph was dark. I lightened it and then fooled around with color temperature, tint, and saturation. I tried to make it look fairly realistic without being overly garish.

What do you think?

When I approached this small pond, the water was glassy still. I was hoping that I could get a few shots before the reflection was disturbed by ripples. But water is just too tempting to Hannah, and she slipped in before I could stop her. I quickly snapped the picture before her ripples reached the reflection. Using the same features as above, I was able to make this photograph much more dramatic than the original.



The color of the trees was far from being this vivid. I think it is interesting that when the color is adjusted in the trees that it also changed in the reflection.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Lovely photos! You did a great job in editing and bringing out the colors!

Honeygo Beasley said...

I love how the leaves seem like waterfalls of autumn color. Great job, Deb! Keep shooting!