Saturday, October 10, 2009

SOLD!

This is one of my favorite photos. It was taken at Churchville Reservoir on a gorgeous January day 2009. One of the reasons I love it is because the focus is extremely sharp and crisp, just like the air in the winter.

Yesterday I was sharing my photography with a beautiful 18 yr old girl who has been helping me with yard work. She was admiring random photos, but stopped and gasped when she saw this photograph. She said she loves trees and pictures of them. I could tell this photograph really touched her and spoke to her in a way I will probably never understand. She asked me if it was for sale, and I said, "Of course!"
"How much?"
-- and without hesitation I replied, "One hour of yard work."
"Sold!"
I let it go much more cheaply than I should, but I believe that it is important sometimes to let your work go to someone who genuinely appreciates it and will enjoy having it in her home.

2 comments:

Honeygo Beasley said...

Great story - great trade, too. That's called bartering and we artists do it all the time. The photo is so spooky cool, perfect for this time of year and any time of year, really. Lovely work. And of course, you have the negative so you didn't really sell it all - just a print - you can make more! : )

Hillary- A Photographer Friend said...

What a fun story and so cool that you 'sold' it! It really is a stunning shot...sharp and clear as you said and good contrast in it, too!