Saturday, April 10, 2010

EYE CANDY

The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration.
~ Claude Monet

My macro lens exerts a magnetic pull. My eye is hungry to look at nature magnified. I spent more time in my yard this afternoon with the azalea blooms and last year's hydrangea lace. I am so glad I did not prune the hydrangea bush last fall.

I shot this dried cluster of hydrangea with the sun as back-lighting. I really love the effect and the blue bokeh background.


My pink zalea bush blossoms have just opened. Ordinarily they do not open until May, but our warm April spell pushed the bloom early.

Another shot of the pink azalea. I pulled back to get more of the blossom and increase my depth of field.

I love the shadows of the stamens on the azalea petals.

More shadows and detail.

Tight macro. Focusing on the stamens.

Wider view of a sinlge hydrangea bloom showing the veins. I call this hydrangea lace!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your photographs are magnificent, Debbie! Thank you for sharing them with me. Am so glad your eye for beauty stays with you through hard times.
Mary Ann Rudy

Honeygo Beasley said...

Stunning! I enjoy reading about how you come upon and work with your subject matter, and I too love the shadows and effects you're achieving. Gorgeous "eye candy!" And no calories!