Saturday, April 03, 2010

MORE MACRO

Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again.
~Henri Cartier-Bresson

I had some ideas to try to improve my macro images, so I was eager to get outside and shoot. After doing a bit of web surfing last evening, I decided to try a different f-stop and utilize the on camera flash. I also opted to lie on the ground instead of using my tripod. While a tripod is almost necessary for quality macro images, I tend to find it unwieldy. At times, it actually prevents me from placing my camera exactly where I want it.

Remember if you would like to see the images full size you can click directly on top of the photograph.

The little yellow flowers that carpet the ground are now blooming. They are Marsh Marigold. They like damp areas, and are often found near streams.


Another Marsh Marigold. The glistening on the petals was the sunlight reflecting.

Blossoms from my Weeping Cherry tree. This is not a macro -- I shot this with my 100-300mm zoom lens.

Post processing of a Weeping Cherry image to make it more dramatic. I increased the color balance, contrast, and saturation to get this effect. (zoom lens)

These blooms were on a tree in my neighbor's yard. From my research it appears that this is a Malus Sugar Tyme Crabapple. The blossoms are exquisite! This was also taken with my zoom lens.
This is an emerging stalk from my Peach Sorbet peony plant. (macro)

Just a Dandelion -- I was amazed to see how pretty a Dandelion is when studied close-up. I never realized the stamens were curliques. (macro)

I decided to break off a branch of Weeping Cherry blossoms to put on the ground, so I could lie down to photograph it. I got several nice macro shots before Hannah walked over and stole it right out from underneath my camera! Enough is enough -- she wanted me to play with her!

Another macro of a Weeping Cherry blossom.


Side view.

4 comments:

jradford said...

So spring has sprung! So beautiful, Debbie. It almost makes me buy a decent camera!
As you warm up, we have had our 2nd conscutive cool day that has sent me looking for a jacket!
Thought of making a clanedar, complete with story captions?

Unknown said...

Lovely shots Deb... you are having fun with your new lens, that is for sure. Love your shots..really gives me a view of spring that I have not really had time to study closely. Beautiful shots and colors..Of course, macro does help give everyone a peek at the world we miss with our naked eye. Thanks for sharing!

Lynn said...

Your photos are absolutely amazing. I enjoyed looking at all the signs of spring.

Honeygo Beasley said...

What a feast for the eyes - fabulous. I would love to have those photos for my screen saver!