Sunday, August 08, 2010

THERE YOU ARE!

There is a quote by Confucius : "And remember, no matter where you go, there you are."

In times of grieving, people often think they can escape emotional pain or run away from difficult situations, forgetting that no matter where one goes, one's emotional landscape does not change. This quote has come to mind frequently these past few months since the death of my mother and 24/7 caregiving. Some days are very difficult -- the house is very quiet -- I am overcome with feelings that I'm not quite able to sort. I think that once I can identify those feelings, I will be able to acknowledge them and move on.

2 comments:

Honeygo Beasley said...

A beautiful post and so true. May you sort through your feelings as you move through this time and place in your emotional landscape.

Did I tell you I was going back and reading your mom's poems?

Jan Mader said...

This is my first visit to your blog and it's lovely. I will continue to read and hope things get easier for you in time...