Sunday, October 11, 2009

AUTUMN AMBLE

I love nothing more than to amble along with my camera in hand in the company of Hannah. She finds things to sniff and follow while I find things to see and shoot. This was one of those unexpected results -- a silhouette against the sunset.


I enjoy looking for unusual coloration of leaves and was quite intrigued by this oak leaf starting to turn red. I wonder if it will eventually completely turn red or a combination of colors?

Milkweed brings back memories of my childhood. The ripening green pods are sticky and exude a milky substance, hence the name of milkweed. To me they are more beautiful as the pods fade away, die, and release a burst of seeds with downy wings to carry them aloft.

I came across this shrub and wondered if it was some sort of wild grape? The vivid blue is difficult to describe.

The autumn light is different -- I think of it as a slant that is not noticeable during other seasons. Even though these leaves are still green I liked the interplay of light and shadow caused by that seasonal slant of light.

It is always a joy being near water, and I was captivated by the color just beginning to emerge.

2 comments:

Honeygo Beasley said...

Gorgeous! I feel like I went on the walk with you. What sensitivity you have in your chosen subject matter for the day and in your descriptions...

Hillary- A Photographer Friend said...

What a wonderful variety of shots and great color. Love the oak leaf. I have heard of milkweed, but never knew what it was. These shots really show the beauty of fall..I enjoy your stream of conscious writing...it's like you are just talking to me!