Sunday, July 12, 2009

LARK PHOTOGRAPHY

“To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them.”
(Elliott Erwitt)

It is my hope to set up a blog or website for my photography. I have had quite a bit of interest in my notecards and prints. Many people have said they would love to purchase these items as gifts. But before I venture forth, I need to find out if there are any legal concerns to be addressed.

My friend Wendi has been one of the most encouraging and enthusiastic about my work. She has asked me to do numerous photo shoots for her and her friends. She has also used some of my photographs in Labrador Quarterly to advertise her kennel and breeding services. One day I arrived at her home for a photo shoot, knocked on the front door and announced myself as LARK PHOTOGRAPHY (after my horse Lark) . . . and it stuck!

I enjoy photographing nature, animals, families, and children. Here are a few for you to enjoy. Leave a comment below and let me know your reactions.


Lilly



Bromeliad

Primeau

Purple Leaves

3 comments:

Honeygo Beasley said...

My favorite are the top two. I really, really enjoy the cat photo and I love the name "Lark Photography" for your blossoming business.

Barbra Joan said...

Hi I found you through Ricks blog Life Through My Eyes, I've been following it for quite some time. So glad I found yours too. Love your photography, your animals and nature subjects. I'm an artist and paint flowers and animals. Come visit me when you have time.

Barbra Joan said...

Thank you for your permission to use your photos. Some of my paintings are from my own but when I use someone elses' I always give credit to them. I have several from Flickr that have given me permission ... thanks for sharing, visiting, and commenting.