Friday, December 25, 2009

MERRIE CHRISTMAS!

The other day I did a Christmas photo shoot, hoping to get some photographs that might make nice cards for next year. I thought this was a beautifully decorated mailbox with an uncluttered background.

At the same house was this decorated lamp post. I like the simplicity and good taste.

These next 3 photos were taken in a development that now occupies the land which was once Georgana Farm where I lived for 19 years. The houses are quite large and were built by Toll Brothers, a developer I do not like because of their penchant for gulping up so much farmland.

I think this photograph of the red door would be nicer had I included the light on the left side. Seems a bit unbalanced. I think a tight crop would improve this image.


A white door for a white Christmas which we are having this year, the first in many years. When I was a child living in Shippensburg, white Christmases were common.

“Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.” (Calvin Coolidge)

2 comments:

Honeygo Beasley said...

Thanks for sharing, Deb! I have been cooking all morning. Your photos would make lovely cards for next Christmas. I need a nap now! Guests arrive at 4:30. Maybe Chloe will nap with me!

MERRIE CHRISTMAS & HAPPIE NEW YEAR!

Janean said...

lamp posts look sooooo "Christmas," but they're all great!