Sunday, December 20, 2009

SNOW PUPPY

Southeastern Pennsylvania got socked with a Nor'easter yesterday. Hannah loves the snow as much as she loves water. This is the first time she's seen snow that was so deep she had difficulty walking or wading through it. She wound up leaping through it -- She looked so funny and joyous, I was calling her Pogo.

Snow photography can be difficult with the light meter trying to read the light on the intense white -- takes manual settings. I got this picture of Hannah, which I like because you can see her eyes, and the snow on her face is in decent focus.

I spent an hour shoveling my driveway this morning and still was not finished. My elbow and shoulders were protesting. Came into the house to rest, and soon a truck and plow appeared to finish the second half of the driveway, a gift from our wonderful next door neighbors.

The sun is out and the sky is blue. It is gorgeous but cold -- windy, but not blustery. I will venture out later on with my camera and Hannah.

2 comments:

Honeygo Beasley said...

Great photos of the snowy and lovely Hannah! And great gift from your neighbor!!! Hope your shoulder and elbow feel ok now.

Anonymous said...

I found fill in flash works well with dog snow photography. Cute lab.