Saturday, July 25, 2009

LAKE WALK

Hannah and I took a wonderful walk around the lake about 2 miles from our home. She can't wait to get in the water! The joys of a Lab!
There are many beautiful wildflowers. I loved the blue of this one, but I don't know its name.
There are shaded, natural trails. It is a great place to walk because Hannah can go off leash. We rarely see anyone else. I subscribe to the philosophy that dogs need time off leash in safe places. Dogs need to be dogs.

I was experimenting with my camera, and I liked the clarity and reflection in this photo. I underexposed the shot to add some drama.

This is one view of the lake. I used to ride around this lake when I lived on the farm which bordered it. I could easily spend nearly two hours on horseback. Bliss!

Hannah suddenly heard something and was looking everwhere. It was mother duck with four babies enjoying the water.
This is another shot where I underexposed to get the silhouette and catch the color and sky reflection on the water.
I thought the moss was gorgeous, and I managed to capture the actual color. The moss was growing entirely around the tree. I thought moss only grew on the east side?
I attempted to capture the sunlight and shadows on the trees but maintain depth of field so that the lake was also in focus. I was thrilled with this result.


"It is a wholesome and necessary thing for us to turn again to the earth and in the contemplation of her beauties to know of wonder and humility." (Rachel Carson)

1 comment:

Honeygo Beasley said...

These are wonderful shots. I love how you tell how us about the exposure you're using. What a nice walk you must have had! A dip in the lake sounds pawesome in this hot summer weather, especially when you walk around in a fur coat all the time like Hannah does!