Wednesday, July 01, 2009

A NEW NAME


When I began this blog in 2005 horses were still a very vital part of my life. Since then I have lost my beloved Lark to the infirmities of age. This was one of the last photographs I took of her.

Horses have been among my greatest teachers, and this is why the blog was originally named OF HORSES AND ZEN. These karmic animals have a way of bringing oneself to a quiet, balanced place within.

But life changes, and after forty plus years with horses, I am now horseless. There is not as much a void as I expected. The lessons I have learned from my equine friends have influenced the person I've become.

As I have reinvented my life as a retiree, I have rejuvenated my love of photography and thrown myself to the dogs. . . and the blog needs a new name.

No comments: