Friday, August 07, 2009

CHASING SUNSETS

On his blog Jon Katz referred to chasing sunsets. I never really thought about chasing sunsets because I figured when you see a great sunset, you would just photograph it. However, the other evening I was out and had my camera with me. I saw this beautiful sunset, and I chased it. I followed it until I got to a spot that offered an unobstructed view of the sunset but with some landscaping to add interest to the photograph. And I was lucky! I under exposed the shot for dramatic orange color, and this is an unretouched phtograph, unlike yesterday's photos in Manipulated Photography. The real thing is always far superior, in my opinion.

2 comments:

Honeygo Beasley said...

Do you capture the full moon the other day? See my bog. Sunsets, moons and stars...

Have a nice weekend, Deb!

Debbie said...

Yes, I did get it on Tuesday evening on my way home from agility class. I had my camera with me, and I pulled over and took a bunch of shots on different settings. I will post it tomorrow.