Saturday, August 22, 2009

CICADA

There are so many cicadas emerging in this area just now. I have seen them on the driveway, on the sidewalk, and on the lawn -- everywhere! I've seen the holes in the ground where they have emerged under my Weeping Cherry tree. They seem to be partial to that tree and the ground around it. This one was on my sidewalk, and I got a few photos with my close-up lens.

There is lots of interesting information about cicadas on Wikipedia.

NOTE: **We've had some extremely heavy rain yesterday and today. Sadly, the baby bunnies perished. When I went to check on the nest, I found two other babies very deep in the hole for a total of three. However, the hole was not deep enough to avoid flooding.

1 comment:

Honeygo Beasley said...

So sorry to hear about the fate of the baby bunnies...
Nature can be cruel at times.