Thursday, August 13, 2009

GRANGE FAIR PHOTOGRAPHY AWARDS

After two and a half years of digital SLR photography and becoming more adept with my camera, I decided to enter photographs in this year's Grange Fair Photography Contest. I was curious to see how my photos stacked up against the others that were submitted. I was thrilled to receive four second places. The four photos are below. I've also included a snap of Hannah's picture on the display board which placed second in the color animal division. The photo I wanted to submit for this division did not reproduce well, so I matted this one at the last minute. I always thought it was a great shot because the focus is extremely sharp, and the background is not distracting.

This photo was entered in the color Photo Shop division. This was a photo shared in an earlier post under MANIPULATED PHOTOGRAPHY.

Hannah, taken in September of 2008.

This photo of Hannah taken by a lake was shot in January on one of our invigorating winter walks. I always liked the silhouette and the sharp focus of the grass.

Oddly enough, I thought this photograph of the pine with raindrops was my weakest entry. And I also spilled a drop of water on it after matting it. But there was no time to get a new print made, so I submitted it, and it placed second in the black and white close-up division.

The Grange Fair will be running for five days. I plan to go over as often as I am able and photograph the animals, fair scenery, and people. I'll post some of the better and most interesting shots over the next few days.

1 comment:

Honeygo Beasley said...

Congratulations! Your shots have excellent composition. You did excellent for the first time entering. It's an art to know what judges look for and you have a natural eye that is clear and very attuned to beauty.