Tuesday, August 18, 2009

CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE DEER KIND

Last week Hannah and I were walking at Tamanend during the early evening, and I had my camera with my 300m zoom lens on. It was very quiet, and there were no people in that section of the park. Suddenly I spied a buck peering out from heavy foliage, only about 15-20 feet away from me. He just stood there and stared. I was amazed that he did not turn tail and run. I slowly lifted my camera and starting shooting. Got about 20-25 pictures before he leisurely turned and walked into the woods. I don't think Hannah realized he was there. I imagine there are so many deer trails, she is accustomed to the scent. If she had gone into the underbrush I am certain that he would have taken off. It was an incredible encounter, and I got this magnificent photo. I am going to have it enlarged and see if it retains its focus.

1 comment:

Splendid Little Stars said...

What a great shot! Just look at those eyes!