Thursday, August 06, 2009

MANIPULATED PHOTOGRAPHY

I am planning to enter photographs in the local Grange Fair next week "IF" I can get the enlargements in time. Normally the fair runs the third week in August, but this year it is running a week earlier which I just discovered yesterday. So that means I have to try to get a rush on enlargements at the camera store.

One of the categories is PHOTO SHOP which accepts photographs that have been manipulated. There is a Photo Shop division in both color and black and white. These are the two photos that I decided to get creative with, and my end results.

I am just a novice with photo software, but my interest has been piqued.

Even though this is a black and white photograph I was able to manipulate the contrast and balance. It is some kind of bud or seed pod.


I love the end result of this one. I took this close-up after a storm. It is a beautiful photo unretouched, but I was able to make it much more dramatic. The rain drops stand out even more vividly. What I think is particularly neat is that the greens remained fairly constant which keeps it from looking garish.

1 comment:

Honeygo Beasley said...

Visually attractive! Good luck with the entries - may you be able to get your enlargements in time. I look forward to hearing more about it.