Saturday, August 15, 2009

NIGHT LIGHTS AT THE GRANGE FAIR

A carnival is a great place to have fun with night photography. I wanted to experiment with blurs and stop action shots. Here are a few I thought you might enjoy. The ZIPPER ride was like an oblong ferris wheel with seats that spun while the ride was spinning. The Merry-Go-Round was next to it.
Here is another shot of the ZIPPER. I like this one because I stopped the action, yet the Merry-Go-Round was blurred.

Rides in motion.

The Gravitron -- it looked like a fun ride. Maybe I'll try it!

Two shots of the Cliff Hanger. I opened up my lens and slowed the shutter to get the blur and the fading light in the sky.

This is another shot of the Cliff Hanger where I under-exposed to get a black background. If the sign weren't visible, you would almost think it was an unidentified flying object.

Prizes galore. I wonder if people are spending their money for games of chance in this slow economy? The fair is hurting too because state funding was cut.

No comments: